1. WHAT IS CREATIVE EUROPE?
It is a European Union programme aimed at supporting the audiovisual, creative and cultural sectors with an all-European budget of €1.46 billion to be implemented from 2014 to 2020.
2. WHAT DOES OFFER LITERARY TRANSLATION?
- Offers support for publishers for translation and promotion (using traditional and digital channels) on the market of translated works from European literature;
- Translation of a series of 3 to 10 works of fiction, their distribution and publication.
The maximum grant is EUR 100,000 for two years, which would not exceed 50% of the total eligible costs of the project.
- “Framework Partnership Agreements” lasting 3 to 4 years: the translation of 5 to 10 works of fiction that meet the conditions of the project, their distribution and publication.
The maximum grant is EUR 100,000 per annum, which would not exceed 50% of the total eligible costs for the project.
3. FOR WAHT CAN BE FUNDING GRANTED?
Translation of fiction, including novels, short stories, plays, poetry, comics, children’s literature (both in paper and digital formats);
Translation of excerpts from works with the aim of fostering the sale of rights and future publication;
Organisation of events aimed at the promotion of translated works.
4. WHO IS ELIGIBLE TO APPLY?
Publishing houses that are legally registered and have been operating for at least 2 years.
Individuals cannot apply for a grant.
Creative Europe will only give financial support to those projects that fulfil the task it has been set, that is:
Strengthening the sector and capacity building
Developing new business models
Creating and supporting virtual projects
5. WHERE CAN I FIND MORE INFORMATION?