"Expressions of love vary between cultures according to their respective bounds of norms. The pure form of love is certainly the force behind all lifeforms, but it is the expressions of love that actually enables its application. Photography helps to extend the currency of love by either capturing the moments of its expression, viewing world in a loving eye or even generating an expression of love by itself. With this open call, we seek to compile all existing forms of expression of love through the eyes and hearts of the people around the world".
Individuals and collectives are welcome to apply; individuals should select and enter between 8-10 photographs from a particular series or body of work. Artist of the year (individual artist or 1 team of winner) and between 10 and 20 photographers / artists will benefit from:
- Solo exhibition for the artist of year
- the winner (individual artist or 1 team) will be eligible for travel and accommodation
- production (printing, framing or related presentation material)
- exhibition exposure at the Festival's main exhibition space/outdoor
- inclusion in art magazine and any related press
- long term festival representation and promotion on official website
- publications/ catalog
- being seen by a substantial number of visual arts professionals and the media
- having their work viewed by an international panel of influential experts in the field of photography.
The Main Program of 17th DongGang International Photo Festival 2018 will be held from June 14 to Sept 21, 2018
Submission to DongGang International Photo Festival 2018 is open to artists, collectives, galleries and organizations from around the world.
Submissions must be made before 30th April, 2018, 00.00 hrs. There is no entry fee for submissions.
More info: https://www.dgphotofestival-opencall.com/