The event is organised jointly by The Ministry of Culture and National Heritage of the Republic of Poland for all cultural practitioners from the Baltic Sea Region. The conference focuses on showcasing the evidence of impact of culture on society and economy of the region and its development. During two days filled with discussions and workshops, participants try collect hard data as well as methods for enhanced communication between cultural, financial and administrative sectors.
The program of the conference includes:
• A panel discussion of Ministers of Culture of the Baltic Sea States;
• Workshops presenting the relationship of culture with various socio-economic fields such as:
- Culture & Entrepreneurship;
- Culture & Social Innovation;
- Culture & Education;
- Culture & Sustainability;
- Culture & Creative Cities;
• Presentations of successful regional initiatives from the field of culture;
• A panel dedicated to creative cities in the region: “Smart cities” – case studies.
In addition, the conference aimed to present brave and visionary statements of experts and thinkers from the interdisciplinary fields at the crossroad of culture and other socio-economic sectors.
After the end of the conference, the Baltic Cultural Centre invites all the participants to take part in the Cultural Innovations Lab workshop.
Moreover, on the first day, all participants of the Gathering will be welcomed with a special concert organized in St. John’s Centre.
The full programme of the conference can be found here.