How to make music events more accessible for Deaf and disabled audiences?
The British Council is aiming to make music events around the world more accessible for Deaf and disabled audiences by offering up three simple, downloadable guides from the UK to the rest of the world. Any venue, promoter, band, festival or performer should be interested in giving them a read as they contain practical, easy to follow advice to make gigs and concerts more accessible so that music can reach and include the widest possible audience. The UK live music accessibility charity Attitude is Everything developed the original guides.
- DIY Access Guide (English)
- DIY Access Guide (English) version for print
- Access Starts Online Guide – Venue Guide (English)
- Access Starts Online Guide – Festival Guide (English)
- British Council site is aimed at arts professionals around the world with an interest in disabled artists, and at organisations interested in how to make the arts more accessible to disabled people as audience and visitors.
- You may also sign up to the British Council’s Disability Arts International email newsletter.
- UNLIMITED COMMISSIONING PROGRAMME: 20 HELPFUL RESOURCES