1. Creative people see the world in a different way. Tom Banks spoke to designers to find out about their first serious attempts in the creative field. Successful designers told him about their first job, inspiration, ups and downs and determination to do the best in their profession. To find out more about their first breaks you can here.
Installation view of “Filter Bubble,” an 89plus exhibition co-curated by Simon Castets and Hans Ulrich Obrist, at LUMA Westbau, Zürich, until February 14th, 2016. Photo by Stefan Altenburger.
2. It's a difficult task to predict future, especially the future of art. However, Hans Ulrich Obrist, the co-director of Serpentine Galleries, decided to try. He asked many artists (as well as scientists, poets, architects, mathematicians, photographers, philosophers and other leaders in their field) to complete the sentence “The future will be....” A short selection of their answers and the deep analytical thoughts of the author you can read in his essay.
3. Creativity is a trait of character that everyone possess, the main thing is to start using it in everyday life. Susan Jones writes about British initiative 64 Million Artists, which aims “to unlock the creativity of everyone in Britain”. Why it is important and what impact it may have on our everyday life you can read in her essay.
Plastic Tree by Pascale Marthine Tayou. Photograph: Georgios Kefalas/EPA
4. Possibilities of new technologies together with human mind sometimes seem unbelievable. The University of Plymouth and the Royal Hospital for Neuro-Disability developed the technology which helps disabled people create music. More details you can find in Tim Muffet's report.
5. The Republic of South Korea is known all over the world for its consumer electronics and its manufacture of products such as cars, ships and oil and gas platforms. But having achieved great success in this field, Korea is now aiming to the new horizon – creative economy. The article How Korea is transforming into a creative economy explains how and why the plan of the country’s president, Park Geun-hye, is turning into reality.