International art residence “Shadow of Freedom” 20-27 August 2017
We offer you an opportunity to work with the theme of Freedom of Creativity at the festival named after the so-called “Dangerously free person” – Serhiy Parajanov.
The artists from Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Moldova, Poland and Ukraine are welcome to apply for participation in Art Residence in Parajanov Festival
during the week of 20-27 August, 2017.
Application deadline: June 30, 2017
The organizers will cover costs related to:
- accommodation in Lviv;
- project implementation.
Preferred formats / expected formats of works:
- New Media;
- Land Art;
- Painting (please specify the way of presentation);
Recommendations for better comprehension:
- Parajanov’s correspondence with his wife, son and friends – Andriy Tarkovskyi, Roman Balayan, Mariya Prymachenko, Yuriy Nikulin, Liliya Brik and others;
- Video and audio interviews with Serhiy Parajanov;
- Video and audio recordings, texts – memories of people familiar with Parajanov;
- Films of Andriy Tarkovskyi, Federico Fellini and Oleksandr Dovzhenko;
- Biographical, mythological and autobiographical texts of Parajanov, his attitude to friendship, family, authority, system, etc;
- Parajanov’s most significant life episodes as well as key life episodes of famous artists, who were his colleagues, but above all this – his true friends.
The curators of the II Parajanov International Festival in Levandivka are Vikroriia Danelyan and Sarmen Beglarian.
Application form http://goo.gl/wFoaG2
We also ask participants to send a portfolio and CV to the address email@example.com
More info: http://parajanov.in.ua/en/